Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Making the world better in about an hour

I watched these two speeches yesterday and it took about an hour and I feel like a better person for having listened to their smart, smart words.

First, Dave Eggers who started the first of the 826s, which is the organization that I work for. They finally put his TED speech up on the TED blog. Unfortunately, they cut out the part about 4 of the other 826 locations (which Seattle is one) but the idea and the tone and the inspiration are there.



Second, Barack Obama, who dares to make me feel hopeful about this country. This is the first time in my life I felt like a politician was speaking to me like a real human being. Not condescending, not making it fit for sound bytes, not catering to the whims of the media for better spin. The first time in my life. I will vote for him even though the Republicans will steal the election again anyway.

1 comment:

slag said...

The Republicans will not steal it again! Be audacious.