Saturday, May 12, 2007

Canada!

To celebrate our anniversary, we drove to Vancouver BC. It's about 2 1/2 hours plus an hour at the border. CocoRosie was playing on Saturday night, so we went to see them and wander around the city. The show was amazing. Tez the Parisian human beatbox blew my mind. Busdriver was also a freak show of staccato slamming rhymes, and Coco Rosie, every time I see them, further cement themselves into my heart. I have this odd mixture of reverence and compassion for them. I am in awe of their story and yet, I feel wiser than and protective of them somehow...in any case, the show was insanely great and the weekend was amazing. Here is a little photo collage:

We saw this on the drive up. I hate businesses that misspell words in their names...it's not clever or cute. But this is reminded me of a baby blackbird my friend Jennifer and I "rescued" when I was in high-school and we named it Jalopy Payphone. It died, but we kept it alive for about 2 weeks.


Beef carpaccio, shaved pecorino, truffle aoli and fois gras stuffed olives at CRU. Local organic, romantic, great.



Coffee so big, we had to share.

We went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Jon went across. It was really beautiful and I wandered around the grounds-- it's a little like a Disneyland town with people in costumes and a General Store and a Loggers' Grill for lunch, but we just looked at the sites and left. Not before taking note that 1) the river was fast and cranky and 2) one of those workers looks familiar....







No comments: