Friday, August 31, 2007

Bye Bye Beard...Bye Bye Fuzziness

My husband is a wonderful, wonderful man. Last year we raised $400 for 826 Seattle as a "farmer" and "grower" team. He worked on the mustache and I worked on getting donations.

After 6 weeks, he had the most wonderful, luxurious, salt-and pepper chin and lip hair you can imagine. Alas, he had to shave all but the 'stache for the cause. No beards allowed at the wrap-party.

Once last-year's 'thon was over, I begged and pleaded for him to grow it back. It wasn't hard...he hates shaving. So, Jon-with-a-Mustache became just Jon and the beard and mustache were just part of the package....

Until August 26. That morning we got up and he shaved his face. Naked. Back to Jon-Before-the-Mustache. Whoa.

The rules this year are going to keep him from growing the beard during the mustache-growing-season. I am not sure how I feel about this, but hey! It's my paycheck! I gotta jump all the way on board here. So Viva la Mustache! Give until it hurts! Go here to donate.

No comments: