Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ce n'est pas une baby blog

I just finished reading this great blog by a lady in Arizona about her pregnancy. I haven't even poked around the rest of her site to see what else she does, but I can sense a kindred spirit. I couldn't stop clicking and reading as her 9-months unfolded. I was in awe of her experience, which she chronicled in really honest and fun detail, that I was inspired to start writing about this crazy situation of being pregnant. One of my favorite lines: "I'd rather go commando than wear granny panties." Amen, sistah!

Today -- 13 weeks! We are still weirdly giddy about it. We have come up with about 1 girl name and 3 boy names that we like. I think he's a boy.

Until today today, I was convinced I wasn't showing yet, but we went to the Newmans' for dinner and Amie was like, "Wow girl! You have popped!" E and A both came and felt the belly. Goosebumps! The kiddo is really high up and the only part you can tell is right under my boobs -- it's hard and tight and full-feeling.

It was funny timing to start showing as this morning, for the first time, I was uncomfortable laying on my stomach. Things are happening! It's freaky and awesome.

In 4 days we have a midwife appointment -- the heartbeat and my BP are the two things that sit on the forefront of our minds.

We went to Costco today and bought a new digital camera and four "luxury" pillows. It felt spontaneous and decadent. I tell myself it's all about the baby so it's OK.

I feel incredibly lucky to have had no sickness, no food aversions, no trouble getting pregnant...this is a strange and cool trip so far.

No comments: