Thursday, August 05, 2004

Beware of Begbies

Two people have now told me about the "scene in Trainspotting where Begbie beats up the yank tourists during the fringe festival. Remember that??"

Yes. Thanks.

Jon and I joked about putting Canadian flag pins on our backpacks, but we've been told by two Scottish co-workers that it wouldn't make any difference, the Scots hate everyone. We'll just steer clear of the football games and try to blend into the other 50 thousand tourists that are there this week.

Our cat sitter, when we interviewed him, told us the urban legend of the cat dying while the owners were away and the cat sitter puts the cat in the freezer, not knowing what to do with the body, and the folks return home a day early and find it in the freezer...huh! What a great story to tell people who are hiring you to watch their cats...

I just got my new fleuvogs (www.fleuvog.com) they are so pointy. I cannot wear them to Scotland. Funny! They are called Tokyo Gibsons. Yes they are.


1 comment:

Dee Sunshine said...

I hope your visit disabused you of all the prejudices you have about the Scots. Hope you enjoyed your trip. You should have blogged about it.