Sunday, August 01, 2004

To the Races!

Sunday mornings are made for yard work now. Go figure.

Jon is out with the rake, the apple tree trimmings and the yard waste containers. It's amazing what we find out we can do.

I made a salad to take to the racetrack. We're meeting the fam there for a variation on the Sunday Family Dinner. I am not a racing fan. Poor horses. I can't imagine anything I would like less than being beaten with a stick and being told to run as fast as I can. That's no fun at all. Jerry likes the races. The rest of us are clueless, happy that there will be lunch.

The mental list of things to do grows by the minute. I found out that the old wooden fixtures in the bathroom are not screwed to the wall, they are glued, with some crazy ass industrial glue that is tearing the wall apart when I try to peel them off. Yay for owning our home. How much will it cost to replace a toilet paper holder now?? I bought new fixtures, but I don't think they will be put into use for some time now. We want to paint the outside of the house and the upstairs and get new lights for many of the rooms. It never really will end, I don't think.

The other day we were leaving a bar in the late afternoon and this guy who looked like Michael Moore asked if I would buy a poem for $1. I agreed and then he said, "Would you like a poem or an anecdote?" I was like, "Hey! An anecdote sounds great." He gave me a piece of typed paper and I gave him my dollar. The page had two anecdotes on it. They were short and pointless. Jon commented that buying boring anecdotes from a man who looks like Michael Moore is a pretty good anecdote.

No comments: