Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Shut up and blog

It's raining. I am happy for my lawn. How weird is that? Happy for the rain so we don't have to pay for water. We haven't gotten a water bill yet, so that will be interesting to see.

My friend Gibson went to Thailand and returned to work yesterday. He seemed high from the adventure of it all. I asked him to tell me his one favorite thing -- what was the best experience he had and he said it was the white water rafting. "They would never run this river in the US" he said.

The guide's name was Tip (!). He was missing his front two teeth because someone had hit him with an oar. The only English he knew was "Paddle forward" and "Paddle backwards." Gibson and Ellen's raft was the first to shoot down the rapids and then they got to wait and watch everyone else's follow. They saw 2 rafts flip over. You couldn't pay me money to get in Tip's boat! Gibson and Ellen are in a different class than I am when it comes to adventure.



No comments: