Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Radioactive Feline

So we're back! Scotland was awesome, rainy, crowded, beautiful...

Today Scotland isn't on my mind, though, it's my cat who has hyperthyroid and we are dropping her off at some crazy radiation clinic this morning to get injected with radioactive iodine. It's our last hope as the medication she has been on for four years or so stopped working about 6 months ago.

I think the weirdest thing is that she is 14 and we really don't know how many years she has left, but we just couldn't put her to sleep. It was a hard, crappy choice, but we felt we had to try everything we could before giving up on her.

When she gets home, she will be radioactive, just a little, but enough that we should limit our touching her to an hour a day and we have to flush her cat litter down the toilet for two weeks until she "cools down." Visions of Silkwood... She is becoming the 6 Million Dollar Cat. Worth every penny.

My car's in the shop to be repaired from when the guy hit it and drove away. I have a turquoise blue Nissan rental -- it's hideous and huge compared to my two door Civic. It turns out, according to my insurance company that if we had NOT gotten his license plate number as he drove away, I would only be responsible for $100 deductible, but since Jon had the presence of mind to get his license has he was driving away down the street, it's technically a collision and I have to fork out $500 if he has insurance and $300 if he does not. What's up with that??!? I will appeal the decision.



1 comment:

-Unseen said...

I'm sorry to hear about your feline, being an ardent lover of the furry folk. May she live in health and peace.